Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A few months ago I created a website (www.AdamBarnesPhotography.net) to showcase my photographs.  I use the site as my gallery which is great, but I also wanted a better and more public place to share the passion that goes into each photograph. 

Last October I tagged along on a business trip my wife was going on to St. Louis.  I try not to pass up an opportunity to go somewhere new.  Not only do I enjoy a change of scenery, but I crave new locales to shoot photos of. 

Cemeteries are high on the short list of my very favorite places to shoot.  I knew as soon as we planned the trip that I wanted to find cemeteries to visit.  After all, I had all day to myself while my wife was in business meetings.  Little did I know that the cemetery I chose, Bellafontaine Cemetery, would demand the entire day and then some.  Never before had I seen one place with more amazing sculptures than this.  I will be posting many photos from this particular cemetery.


This particular monument stands about ten feet tall and features a classically sculpted angel  in a mournful pose.  The statue is positioned such that she is looking down at you as you walk past, and you can feel her gaze.  This monument guards the body of John and Louisa Ringen.  I tried to learn more about them, but didn't have much luck.  As always, please feel free to share any information you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment