Saturday, April 9, 2011

Through the Cables

I grew up near San Francisco and used to visit often.  The city holds a special place with me because it is perhaps the most culturally diverse places on Earth where everyone is accepted.  No matter which demographic anyone associates with, there is a place for them in San Francisco. 




This photo was taken on a bluff where the North end of the Golden Gate Bridge meets land.  I've always called it Bunker Hill, but I've also heard it called The Headlands.  Officially the area is the Golden Gate National Recreation Area.  This is where many famous photographs of the bridge and the city have been taken.  The view is spectacular but is usually very crowded, so be prepared to fight for a parking spot.

I took this shot because I felt it offers a unique view from the area.  Although there are thousands of shots from here, I haven't seen one through the cables that emphasizes the bridge tower as well as the city lights.  I like to think of it as an "outside looking in" perspective on the city.  What's going on over there while I'm up here where it is quiet?

1 comment:

  1. SF is a great city to visit and is truly one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. Excellent photo Adam!

    ReplyDelete